Big Data and Hadoop Developer 2018 | Big Data as Career Path | Introduction to Big Data and Hadoop
Big Data is growing explosively bigger & bigger every day. Get to know what makes Big Data the next big thing.
What is Big Data all about?
Big Data has been described in multiple ways by the industry experts. Let’s have a look at what Wikipedia has to say. Big Data is a term for datasets that are so large or complex that traditional data processing applications are inadequate. To put it in simple words, Big Data is the large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
Did You Know?
• According to Wikibon and IDC, 2.4 quintillion bits are generated every day?
• Did you know, the data from our digital world will grow from 4.4 trillion gigabytes in 2013 to 44 trillion gigabytes in 2020?
• In addition to that, data from embedded systems will grow from 2% in 2013 to 10% in 2020
The sheer volume of the data generated these days has made it absolutely necessary to re-think how we handle them. And with growing implementation of Big Data in sectors like banking, logistics, retail, e-commerce and social media, the volume of data is expected to grow even higher.
Other than its Sheer size, what else makes Big data so important?
• Mountains of data that can be gathered and analyzed to discover insights ad make better decisions.
• Using Big data, social media comments can be analyzed in a far timelier and relevant manner offering a richer data set.
• With Big Data, banks can now use information to constantly monitor their client’s transaction behaviors in real time.
• Big Data is used for trade analytics, pre-trade decision-support analytics, sentiment measurement, predictive Analytics etc.
• Organizations in media and entertainment industry use Big Data to analyze customer data along with behavioral data to create detailed customer profiles.
• In the manufacturing and natural resources industry, Big Data allows for predictive modeling to support decision making.
What is Big Data and its importance in the near future
Gartner analyst Doug Laney introduced the 3Vs concept in 2001. Since then, Big Data has been further classified, based on the 5Vs.
• Volume – The vast amounts of data generated every second.
• Variety – The different types of data which contribute to the problem, such as text, videos, Images, audio files etc.
• Velocity – The speed at which new data is generated and moves around.
• Value – Having an access to Big Data in no good unless we turn it into value
• Veracity - Refers to the messiness or trustworthiness of the data.
Why is Big Data considered as an excellent career path?
According to IDC forecast, the Big Data market is predicted to be worth of $46.34 billion by 2018 and is expected to have a sturdy growth over the next five years.
Big Data Salary: As per Indeed, the average salary for Big Data professionals is about 114,000 USD per annum, which is around 98% higher than average salaries for all job postings nationwide. And Glassdoor quotes the median salary for Big Data professionals to be 104,850 USD per annum. Big Data professionals get a high percentage of hike in salary and Data scientists get a very good hike up to 8.90% YOY.
As the Big Data market grows, so does the demand for the skilled workforce?
According to Wanted Analytics, the demand for Big Data skills is to increase by 118% over the previous year.
Do you need more reasons to believe in the power of Big Data?
EMC, IBM, Cisco, Oracle, Adobe, Amazon, Accenture are just a few of the top companies who are constantly looking for Big Data skills.
With the right training and hands-on experience, you too can find your dream career in one of these top companies.
The path to your dream job is no longer a mystery. Sign up now & get started with your dream career.
For more updates on courses and tips follow us on: