Get Recruitment Notifications of all private and govt jobs , Mock test details ,Previous year question papers only at Freshersworld.com – the No.1 jobsite for entry level candidates in India. (To register : http://freshersworld.com?src=Youtube ) – This video is all about “Careers and Training courses for Big Data
There are a handful of working definitions for big data, but to me it is most simply put as data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult or impossible to process them using traditional database management applications.
Granted, the term may apply differently to different organizations. For a smaller company, facing hundreds of gigabytes of data for the first time may trigger a need to explore new tools. Other companies that generate tons of transactional data, like UPS, wouldn't flinch with their existing toolsets until they hit tens or hundreds of terabytes.
For freshers who wants to start learning big data here are a few tips:
1. Begin with the basics: If you are looking at building a career in big data, you can start with developing the core aptitudes such as curiosity, agility, statistical fluency, research, scientific rigor and skeptical nature. You have to decide which facet of data investigation (data wrangling, management, exploratory analysis, prediction) are you looking at acquiring. The first step to learning big data is to develop basic level of familiarity with programming languages.
2. Experience in programming languages: Begin with developing basic data literacy and an analytic mindset by building knowledge of programming languages such as Java, C++, Pig Latin and HiveQL. Figure out where you want to apply your data analytics skills to describe, predict, and inform business decisions in the specific areas of marketing, human resources, finance, and operations.
3. Expertise in Hadoop: Developing knowledge about Hadoop Map-Reduce and Java is essential if you’re looking to be a high-performance data software engineer.
4. What are you looking for? If you are looking for a career switch to big data, begin with developing the skill sets required to work with Hadoop. A well-rounded understanding of Hadoop requires experience in large-scale distributed systems and knowledge of programming languages.
5. Data Analytics Skills: If you want to learn the fundamentals and want to get an indepth understanding of every aspect of Big Data, the resource material provided by Apache’s library is very useful. The Hadoop programme offered by Apache is an open-source software for reliable, scalable, distributed computing. Some of the other programmes offered are HBase Hive, Mahout, Pig ZooKeeper.
6. Online Courses: The big data universe is still very young, to get a well rounded expertise in big data it is important to learn and hone skills related to the subject. Decide on the course based on the skill set you're looking to get. Just by dedicating some time and energy, you can tackle learning big data with these free online classes.
Applications of Big Data
Big data includes problems that involve such large data sets and solutions that require a complex connecting the dots. You can see such things everywhere.
1. Quora and Facebook use Big data tools to understand more about you and provide you with a feed that you in theory should find it interesting. The fact that the feed is not interesting should show how hard the problem is.
2. Credit card companies analyze millions of transactions to find patterns of fraud.
3. There are similar problems in defense, retail, genomics, pharma, healthcare that requires a solution.
The companies offering jobs on Big Data are : Qualcomm India Pvt Ltd, Accenture, Dev Solutions
So let us summarize as Big Data is a group of problems and technologies related to the availability of extremely large volumes of data that businesses want to connect and understand. The reason why the sector is hot now is that the data and tools have reached a critical mass. This occurred in parallel with years of education effort that has convinced organizations that they must do something with their data treasure.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
Download our app today to manage recruitment when ever and where ever you want : Link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freshersworld.jobs&hl=en
***Disclaimer: This is just a training video for candidates and recruiters. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective organizations. The Preparation tips and tricks are an indicative generalized information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect promotion of the respective Groups or organizations.